It’s hard to believe, but our 30th Annual Golden Heart Utilities Water Walk & Run is just around the corner. We’re excited to see good friends and neighbors, and share the story of water with the Fairbanks community, all in celebration of National Drinking Water Week.
The Golden Heart Utilities Water Walk & Run is a 5 km (3.1 mi.) course along the river to and from Pioneer Park. In previous years we’ve had as many as 400 participants. So come help us shake off winter and add to the fun!
Everyone – all abilities and ages – is welcome. Join the walk/run itself, or just come for the hotdogs, face painting, popcorn, cookies, music, giveaways, and balloons.
- Date: Wednesday, May 10th
- Time: Event starts at 5:00 PM with Run Start at 6 PM
- Location: the GHU Water Treatment Plant, 1304 1st Avenue
- Bib Pickup: Run Day - noon till start of run, at the GHU Water Treatment Plant
Early bib pickup - May 5th, Noon to 5 PM at our offices at 3691 Cameron Street
- Bib Cost*: (includes run T-shirt) $20 before May 10th, $25 on Run Day
*No cost if you just want to join along without the bib and T
Avoid the wait on Run Day and Register Online