Company Leaders Share Their Knowledge
There is a wealth of industry knowledge in the leaders of Carolina Water Service, Inc. of North Carolina. We are proud to share their expertise with you on what it takes to provide our communities with reliable services, optimal customer care and deliver the best value in water and wastewater management.
Lisa Sparrow joined The Water Values Podcast to discuss acquisition strategy, her approach to finding solutions to important industry problems, as well as a discussion about women as contributors in the utilities industry and about attracting women to the field:
In this session, you’ll learn about:
- The water utility acquisition process as part of growth strategy
- Examples of the problems that troubled utilities face
- How state government regulators impact acquisition decisions
- How utilities can work with regulators to implement creative solutions
- How acquisition adjustments by state regulators can incentivize further investment in utilities
- How utility investors can increase success in getting return on investment
- How to balance the economic and regulatory needs of all stakeholder involved in utility acquisitions
- How the interests of investors, customers and regulators compare
- The relationship between investors and regulators
- The role of women in the utility industry - and the opportunities available
- Leadership qualities the utility industry needs
- How utilities evaluate acquisition opportunities as a way to bring troubled utilities up to safe, reliable standards
For more details on this podcast and other stories from The Water Values, visit:
The Value of Water: A Compendium of Essays by Smart CEOs
Lisa Sparrow is also featured in the 2014 released book, The Value of Water: A Compendium of Essays by Smart CEOs. As one of many industry CEOs that provide their expertise, Sparrow discusses the challenges that come from integrating responsibilities as a water utilities business leader and her personal understanding as a mother of how invaluable water is to making a happy, healthy and safe home.
Click image to enlarge.
“Innovative pricing models, conservation methods and more ways of communicating the Value of Water are needed to solve these issues. What our society needs is the courage and commitment to have difficult conversations and make difficult decisions. These issues are not easy. But they are solvable.”
The Value of Water: A Compendium of Essays by Smart CEOs explores how water issues can pose a threat to business continuity, reputation, product margins, and growth, and at the same time, create value and opportunity. The book features various executives, engineers, government officials, communicators, and technologists who provide their perspective on the roadmap for improved water governance. The book showcases progressive management thinking and business models that focus on innovation, resilience, and practical solutions.
For more information on The Value of Water: A Compendium of Essays by Smart CEOs and details to purchase this book and read in detail what industry leaders such as Lisa Sparrow share, please visit http://valueofwaterbook.com/.